The annual ACM/IFIP/USENIX Middleware conference is a major forum for the discussion of innovations and recent advances in the design, construction and use of middleware systems. Middleware is an umbrella term for the diverse software that resides between applications and underlying hardware and systems software. It facilitates the development of applications by providing higher-level abstractions for better programmability, performance, scalability, and security. It is an important and rapidly evolving field with many open problems and challenges.
The Middleware conference traditionally includes tutorials given by renowned scientists and practitioners in their fields. We welcome tutorials on both mature and emerging topics. Tutorials may be lectures, interactive workshops, hands-on training, or any combination of the above. We especially welcome cross-disciplinary topics and innovative ways of interacting with the audience.
|Tutorial Proposal Deadline||June 15, 2018|
|Tutorial Proposal Acceptance Notification||July 15, 2018|
Tutorial Proposal Submission
A tutorial proposal (not exceeding three pages, 11pt, in PDF format) should include the following information:
- Title and short outline of the tutorial content (max. 200 words).
- Motivation on why the topic is of particular interest at this time.
- Information about the presenters (name, affiliation, email address, homepage) and a short description of their expertise, experience in teaching and in tutorial presentation.
- The type of tutorial (e.g., lecture vs. hands-on).
- References to previous editions of the tutorial (if applicable) including their date, venue, topics and number of participants and the motivation for the new proposal.
- Special needs for the tutorial room.
- Requirements for attendees (e.g., must bring own laptop or other hardware, familiarity with certain technologies or topics, etc.).
- Any constraints on the maximum number of participants.
- Sample video of a talk (encouraged, not required) especially for first-time tutorial presenters
Proposers of accepted tutorials will be asked to provide information of their tutorial for publication on the conference web site.
Workshop proposals must be sent to both of the following addresses with the subject line [Middleware 2018 – Tutorial Submission]: